|Rushden Echo, 3rd June 1927, transcribed by Kay Collins
Rushden People in Australia
Son’s marriage to Colonial Girl A Pretty Wedding
St Andrew’s Church, Sunner Hill, New South Wales, Australia, was the scene of a pretty wedding on March 5th, when Miss Thelma Lincoln, youngest daughter of Mr and Mrs Lincoln, of Como, Sunner Hill, was married to Mr Fred Wood, youngest son of Mr and Mrs Walter Wood, of Grange Farm, Kingswood, late of Rushden. The bride, who entered the church on the arm of her father, wore a frock of white crepe-de-chine and pink georgette embroidered with pearls, a mob cap wreathed with silver leaves and orange-blossom, and an embroidered tulle veil. A sheaf bouquet of tuber roses, bonvardias, and dahlias completed the ensemble.
Miss Yvonne Benson, cousin of the bride, was bridesmaid, and she wore a frock of crab-apple-pink georgette trimmed with hand-made roses, and a tulle headdress to match. She carried a sheaf bouquet in a tone of pink. Mr B Wood supported his brother as best man. During the signing of the register Miss Leake sang “Because.”
After the reception, which was held at Syolonor, Earlwood, the residence of the bride’s sister, the happy couple left by car for Katoombar and Jeylan Caves, where the honeymoon was spent. The bride travelled in a frock of amethyst marocaine and a white taffeta hat. The presents were both numerous and costly and included many cheques. Both bride and bridegroom are very popular in the district.