23.12.2009 - Sorry, the site search is not working - trying to get this fixed! Updates today just in the Health & Welfare section - Rushden Hospital & TB aftercare, additons about Mrs Hensman in People, and in the Leisure section where there are more pictures of the Feast & Circus.
18.12.2009 - If you tried to contact us on Dec 12th - please send again - as our server provider's hard drive went down. They have now transferred us to a new hard drive.
- 11.12.2012 - Business and Commerce has a few new early businesses and several minor updates, Churches, Crime, Education & Health all have minor additions, two register transcripts and more wills are new in Genealogy. Health, History, Land have a few additions, and several new pages on RADS are included in the updates in Leisure. Several obituaries, wedding reports and two new pages are in the People section, Shoetrade and War have minor updates. Most Villages have minor updates, there is another batch of obituaries, accidents, fires and a few sales, taken from newsclips for 1891 and 1902.
- 20.11.2012 - Business and Commerce, Churches & Health, all have minor additions to existing pages, and a few more wills transcripts are new in Genealogy, a look back at 1889, more on culverting the brook, and minor additions in History, Land has a few additions and Leisure has a history of Rushden United CC, and People has a two new pages and an obituary, Shoetrade and Transport have a few updated pages, and Villages has half a dozen obituaries, an article on Wollaston Co-op, and lots of additional notes added to pages for Higham Ferrers.
- 27.10.2012 - Business and Commerce, Churches, Crime, Education & Health, all have minor additions to existing pages, History, Land and Leisure have a few additions, and People has a new item on the Green Family and a few more obituaries, Shoetrade and Transport have a few updated pages. In Villages the census indexing project is now complete, a few updated pages, especially for Higham Ferrers, a few obituaries, and a few updates.
- 19.10.2012 - Business and Commerce, Churches, Crime, Education, have minor additions to existing pages, Genealogy has 24 more wills and inventories transcribed, Health, History, Land and Leisure have additions, and People has a few new pages and 3 obituaries. Minor additions in Shoetrade and War and Villages has a few updated pages, especially Higham Ferrers which includes the official guide c1978 and the 700th Charter Anniversary 1951, and lots of 1889 newsclips.
- 30.09.2012 - This time lots of 1887 newsclips have been added to exisiting pages in most sections, plus several inquests, obituaries, accidents and sales in the main section and several of the villages. A few will transcripts have also been added, and memories of Alfred Street in 1978/80. Most of the team have taken a holiday during the month!
- 03.09.2012 - Four new pages and 20 or so updated pages are in Business and Commerce, with minor additions in Churches, Crime, Education, and one inventory in Genealogy. Health, Land, Leisure. In History there are some reports on the winter of 1946/7, some bundles of deeds, council plans and meetings, and more 1950s articles. Two new pages and several obituaries in People, several updated pages on shoe factories in Shoetrade, and Transport has an item about the Bypass and more on the closure of the railway passenger service. Minor additions in War and the Villages section has obituaries, and a census, plus 30 or so updated pages.
- 07.08.2012 - Some new pictures are added to early businesses in Business and Commerce, minor additons in Churches, Crime and more accident reports in Health, two log books new in Education, some Manor documents added in History; Leisure has a few new pages and pictures, minor additions in People, Shoetrade, and Transport and the Villages section has one new census, a few new pages for Higham Ferrers, and a few minor updates.
- 14.07.2012 - Several new pictures have been added in early businesses in Business and Commerce, and minor additons in Churches, Crime and Health, more council meetings, developments, and demolition from the 1950s new in History, and Leisure has a dozen or so new pages and pictures, plus several updated pages, eight new obituaries and several new and updated pages are in People, with minor additions in Shoetrade, Transport, War and the Villages section has two Ringstead censuses, several new pictures added and the usual minor additions to existing pages.
- 22.06.2012 - Notes of a few more Memorial Inscriptions for the Old Baptist Church have come to hand, a programme for a Wesleyan Bazaar in 1890 and a copy of the Risdene Tatler 1937 were loaned. More adverts and additions in Business and Commerce, and minor additons in Churches, Crime, Education, Health, History, Land, and Leisure. More obituaries and several inquests, and some weddings in People and minor additions in Shoetrade, Transport, and War. The Villages section has two more parish register transcripts for Wollaston & Raunds, a few inquests, and lots of minor additions. An error found in Chelveston baptisms index is now corrected. The original date order files were correct.
- 30.05.2012 - In Business and Commerce several adverts and additions, some minor additons in Churches, Crime, Education and Leisure. A few accident reports in Health, several obituaries and wedding reports are added in People. Additions in Shoetrade include a bundle of 1923 pictures of the CWS factory, and some minor updates, another two census indexes are added in Villages, and several photos for some Higham Ferrers pages round off this update.Villages
- 12.05.2012 - This time we have several new pages from a 1955 newspaper series "Spotlight on Rushden" in History, and several new pages and a few additions to pages in Business and Commerce, minor additons in Churches and Education, two wills in Genealogy, a few pictures added in Leisure and in People two new pages and a few updates. There are several additions to pages in Shoetrade and the War section. Finally 3 more censuses, and a few additions in the Villages section for Raunds & Higham Ferrers.
- 19.04.2012 - Again, minor updates in most sections. Lots of new pictures in Business and Commerce, especially early local businesses. A few newsclips and pictures added to existing pages in Churches, in Education, in History, Leisure and in People. In Shoetrade there are two items on leisure for John White's for 1947 and 1951 and a few other pictures and notes added elsewhere. Finally this update, two more census indexes, additions to commerce and people, and some Higham Ferrers updated pages in the Villages section.
- 26.03.2012 - A major update this time to the leisure section index page. This may have caused broken links on pages in other sections so we'd be grateful if you would let us know should you find one. Lots of amended pages again this time, in most sections, from newsclips 1906 and 1925, and a few new photographs. Several obituaries and accident reports. Two more village censuses for Wollaston are now completed. We are holding a "Heritage Discovery Day" on Saturday, at the Queen Street, Independent Wesleyan Hall from 10am to 3pm, if you are able to drop in.
- 14.03.2012 - Updated pages in most sections again, thanks to another batch of photos, a booklet of the 1949 Memorial Hospital proposals in Health, more council meetings, plans for Irchester Road housing and more on demolition in the 1950s are added in History, in Leisure pictures of the Sapphires, swimming pool, cricket, scouts and football, and in People Charles Church who emigrated to Canada in 1909 and memories of Walter Green, and the War section has additions to several of the WWII Memorial Men's pages, and more 1942 newsclips and enlistments, and Villages has two more censuses, a page about Honest John Drage of Bozeat and the opening of a boutique at the Higham Ferrers Co-op.
- 05.03.2012 - A somewhat belated page about Rushden Research, a photo of Rushden Association Football Team 1892/93 sent in from Canada, and two more censuses for the villages only this update.
- 28.02.2012 - Updates in most sections again, 1970s and earlier thanks to a large bundle of photos we recently scanned. And more village censuses.
- 15.02.2012 - Updates in most sections again, especially items from the 1950s. Two school admissions books for South End school are new in Education, additions to existing pages in Business and Commerce, Churches and Health, 1950s demolition and lost buildings are updated in History and some additons to pages on Rushden Hall. A dozen additional pictures are in Leisure, including music from the 1960s, Spencer Park, and St Mary's FC. People has some new pages and more obituaries, and in Shoetrade there is an interesting focus on Rushden's Industries of 1891 (also linked in History and Commerce). Minor updates in the War section to some Memorial Men's pages, and in Villages more obituaries and more census indexes.
- 18.01.2012 - Happy New Year. Lots of updates this time have photos added courtesy of Ian Langdon in Australia, most being in Business and Commerce or History. In Churches, Education, Land, People, and Shoetrade there are several updated pages, and in Genealogy there are 4 new will transcripts. In the War section several updates of Memorial Men's pages and war shrine pages, and additions to other pages. In Villages more obituaries and the Higham Ferrers 1881 census, plus lots of updated pages round off this update.
- 14.12.2011 - Updates in most sections again, plus Zoning of schools in 1931 in Education, more Council Meetings 1931 and 1952-1953 when post-war development was well underway in History. The 1953 Coronation and lots of photos of Mission Church shows in Leisure, 18 new obituaries in People, and in the War section hear the memories of Chris Glidle who was helped by the Dutch Resistance in 1944, plus gravestone pictures added for several of the WWI memorial men, more obituaries and census pages in the Villages section. "Happy Christmas" and happy browsing on our website. If you have something to contribute, we'd be pleased to hear from you!
- 02.12.2011 - An error in the indexes of WWII Enlistments was brought to our attention and has now been corrected. If you failed to find someone, please re-check.
- 15.11.2011 - A few more Scout pictures and some Eaton's Social events are new in Leisure; in People an interview from 1993 with Fred Dickens then aged 104, several obituaries and wedding reports; Eaton's Roll of Honour and some WWII promotions are new in War. The Villages section has some new Census pages added, and the 1901 census and each village index has been reorganised. As usual, minor updates occur in all sections.
- 28.10.2011 - Education has the last of Bob Whitworth's Denfield Scrapbooks and an Alfred Street Reunion 2011, Land has an article about Holly Road, in the Leisure section 4th Rushden Boy's Brigade is new, plus a few outings reports, in People Wm Sherwood and the Mee family are new. A few updated pages end this short update - due to several of the team taking a holiday!
- 29.09.2011 - In Business and Commerce all but one of the telephone numbers up to 200 are now identified, in Churches there is a report of a dispute in 1900 at the Succoth Baptist Church. Education has a report by the children on Alfred Street School in 1962 which includes a journey from Australia to England, and a visit to Sywell waterworks, new in Health & Welfare the Rushden Hospital Mortuary Book, in History photos of the surveyor and his staff 1929. More obituaries and several weddings are new in People, and in the War section more on the Boer War. In Villages several new pages in people, commerce and obituaries. Most sections have some pages updated this time. [Site stats for August showed 5,798 unique visitors made 10,895 visits, and they viewed 36,761 pages]
- 02.09.2011 - Business and Commerce has a few more local business pages, and some adverts, in Churches there is an interesting item about the Baptist Church organ and its builder, in Genealogy the memorial walls are updated and, in History memories of 1895. More obituaries and weddings are new in People. New in the War section notes from 1915 by Pte H Rowthorne, prisoners returning, and the Armistice in Cairo, plus several pictures added to various pages. More obituaries and several obituaries and another census has been added in Villages. The usual minor updates to existing pages in most other sections.
- 11.08.2011 - In Business and Commerce there are more additions in Early Businesses; in the Leisure section there are more pictures of the 1950s scouts, and a few football pictures; more obituaries and a golden wedding are new in People, and several obituaries in Villages where there is also an interesting item on the old burial grounds of Raunds and 1931 deaths, and more census records. There are the usual minor additions to some pages in most sections.
- 26.07.2011 - In Business and Commerce there are more additions in Early Businesses, a retirement and another Denfield Scrapbook is new in Education, in History memories of the 1890s, in Land and Property more pictures of family at 'Eastfields', and a bungalow built in 1958. Football, cricket and British Legion all have new pictures in the Leisure section. More obituaries and a golden wedding are new in People, and several additions to existing pages in Shoetrade. Some additional information is added to several War Memorial Men pages and prisoners of WWI in the War section, an article on evacuees and an outing in Newton Bromswold, a fire, a few obituaries, new pictures at Podington Airbase, and lots more census pages are in Villages, with the usual minor additions to pages in most sections.
- 09.07.2011 - In Business and Commerce there are several picutres added, a trade directory 1957 and some adverts from 1930s, in Churches the Pledge Book, and a few minor additions. Another Denfield Scrapbook is new in Education, additions to Windmill Club, Athletic Club, swimming pool and scouts in Leisure, with more on Rushden in WWII and a Roll of Honour for the Windmill Club new in the War section, and more village censuses are new in Villages.
- 27.06.2011 - Adverts for Christmas 1917 are new in Business and Commerce, a few accident reports are added in the Health & Welfare secton, more interesting Council meeting reports for 1900 & 1952, and an item on sundials in History; in Leisure section there are a few new photographs; a few obituaries and a 90th birthday are new in People, and in the War section more from 1917, with minor updates and additions in most other sections.
- 15.06.2011 - Lots of new pages have been added in Business and Commerce, especially small businesses, and one in Land on 'Rosemount', due to a facinating bundle of receipts from the WWI period coming to hand; in History an item about Hunter's Walk, in Leisure a page about the Minor League football, in Shoetrade more about Horrell's and the staff thanks to a small bundle of 'Oracle' magazines from the 1960s, Villages has more census pages, and as usual, additions to some pages in most sections round off this update.
- 14.05.2011 - A few letterheads have been added in Business and Commerce, two more fires and a report of a new fire engine in 1904 in Fire and Crime, an interesting item of a house transformed in 1959 is in History, and under the Leisure section there are a few new photographs; two marriages and two obituaries are new in People; in Shoetrade there are new articles about Strong & Fisher, in the War section more about the street shrines, Villages has a report on the Fat Stock Show 1889 at Higham, and minor updates to several pages in most of the sections.
- 22.04.2011 - As well as the usual updates, there are more adverts and an exhibition in 1967 in Business and Commerce, several new pictures in Education, more on the Memorial Hospital and Eastfields in Health & Welfare, more council meetings from 1951, an article about the regeneration and one on redevelopment in History and lots more pictures under the Leisure section. Six new pages and two obituaries in People and minor updates in Shoetrade. Some new register transcripts are added under the Villages and Chelveston has some additional pictures of schooldays.
02.04.2011 - This time we have updated the Main Index page - you will now find the Categories are in alphabetical order - and the Villages section has been upgraded with dedicated indexes to each village or small group of villages. We hope this will be easier for navigation around the site. This updating may have caused a few broken links, so we'd be grateful to receive notice from you should you find one. In History there is an interesting article about the Vestry Hall, Charities, going for Urban Status, and another street survey. Only a few minor updates have been uploaded this time and several new photographs particularly in Business and Commerce and Leisure.
- 22.03.2011 - Business and Commerce has an interesting advert for new dentistry methods in 1890, lots of updates and additional pictures. Churches and Fire and Crime have a few updated pagesincludes an article about the ancient Leper hospital, in History there is another street survey, some interesting stats on council housing, and more council meetings include the purchase of a steam roller and water cart in May 1900. Leisure has a few updates, and People has more obituaries. Shoetrade has an article about the 1890 Statement, Transport has a few updates of pictures, the War section has a roll of honour from the old Intermediate School WWII, and several updates. In Villages lots of minor updates, and more census pages have been added, and a Band Contest at Stanwick in 1890 lists the members of several local bands.
- 01.03.2011 - Several sections have some additional pictures and minor updates only. In Business and Commerce there are more adverts from the 1890s, and in History there are two more street surveys of name plaques, the Queen's visit in 1985, and more council meetings. In Villages some updates, and more census pages have been added.
- 08.02.2011 - In Business and Commerce there are more picture additions and a gallery of the gasworks, Churches has more on the Methodist Ministers, Education has a few additonal pictures and minor updates, minor updates in Genealogy and Health & Welfare and History, a few photographs added to pages in Leisure. People has more obituaries, and updated pages. All other sections have minor updates only. In Villages some updates, and more census pages have been added.
21.01.2011 - Happy New Year! The team has been busy over the holiday and lots of updates - in Business and Commerce there are one or two picture additions to exisiting pages, Churches and Fire and Crime have quite a few updated pages, Education has more on Denfield and part of the log book for Alfred Street (not finished yet), in Genealogy a few additional early marriages at the Baptist Church and a few strays, and a dozen more wills, and in Health & Welfare another Health Report and a few accident reports. In History more council meetings chart the on-going changes in the 1890s and post WWII, a history written in the 1920s by Dr Fisher, and three more surveys of street plaques, plus a few updated pages, more on parks in Land and Property, and quite a few photographs added to exisiting pages in Leisure. People has a few more obituaries, and updated pages, as does Shoetrade. Transport has a page on the UC bus garage, and one on roads in 1949. The War section has a few new pages and the usual updates. Most Villages have updates, additions, and a few more wills, and Irchester census series is now completed.
16.12.2010 - Just a quick update before the team takes a break over Christmas & New Year. Fire and Crime has two more fire reports, one or two new photos are added in Education and just two wills in Genealogy and in Health & Welfare the Health Reports for 1914 & 1948, and three more accident reports. In History Poll Books for the HF 100 for several years, more on Council Housing and more council meeting reports. In Leisure the usual additions to several pages, and an article about the John White Band. In People a few more obituaries, and several marriage reports, and a few updated pages in Shoetrade. Transport has an article about the horses at the station.
- 08.12.2010 - Several index pages are becoming rather long - so we plan to reorganise them over the coming months, starting with Fire and Crime this time there are more fire reports and court reports. There are the usual minor updates to exisiting pages in most sections. A few more wills are in Genealogy and St Peter's Church marriages 1908-27, Health & Welfare has an item on maternity homes, and more on the Typhoid epidemic in 1898. History has more council meetings 1898/1899 describing the continuing foundation of town services. There are lots more obituaries mostly from 1931, 1898/9 & 1948, and a few wedding reports in People. More obituaries and wills, a marriage report and several updated pages are in the Villages section, and Higham Ferrers now has a dedicated index page within the village section.
- 22.11.2010 - In Business and Commerce there are two more items on old shops, more adverts, more Co-op additions and a few updated pages, Churches has an item about the bellringers, Education has more on Denfield and an item about the union of teachers, and Health & Welfare has some reports about the Sanatorium before the NHS, and a few minor updates. In Leisure just a few additons to existing pages, and in People a few more obituaries, one marriage report and 5 new pages. Several udated pages in Shoetrade include CWS and trade union long services, the War section has minor updates, as do the villages of Chelveston & Yelden. The Villages section has more obituaries, wills and a marriage report and a few updated pages.
- 04.11.2010 - Four new items including Engineering Memories are in Business and Commerce, a photo of the boys school 1967 and memories of Ruth Webster at Newton Road Infant school are new in Education and in History there is an item on Newton Road, Free Gardeners, St Peter's Guides and Tecnic Tigers are new in Leisure and pages on Bill Elliot, Herbert Packwood, the Valentine family, and two more obituaries are new in People, more census pages for Irchester and Knotting in the Villages section, and minor amendments and updates in most other sections.
- 29.10.2010 - This time the War section has additons to the pages of our War Memorial Men courtesy of Higham war research group who have shared photographs of many of the gravestones in Rushden Cemetery, and a few they visited in France. Minor updates in several other sections.
- 15.10.2010 - Business and Commerce has new pages on the Steam Laundry and Freeman, Hardy and Willis, as well as several updated pages; in Education a Blue Plaque at Alfred Street, plus several updates, Health & Welfare has an item about Typhoid Fever in 1898, History has more council meetings and more on the search for water. Minor updates to existing pages, in most other sections thanks to a collection of postcards kindly loaned, plus several obituaries and a couple of weddings in People.
- 25.09.2010 - This time we have had over 100 photographs to copy and most have been added to exisiting pages. Unidentified photos in some categories can be found at the end of the index pages - so if you can help we'd be pleased to hear from you. As well as all the updated pages, Business and Commerce has a picture of the gas board members, Fire and Crime has an article of magistrates appointed in 1941, a few more wills are in Genealogy and more Council Meeting reports and pictures of culverting the brook are added in History, picture updates in Leisure include several more football teams and the Pageant 1951, Transport has pages for Scroxtons, Rushden Transport Co., and a Railway usage report 1901/23, Shoetrade has an item on leather processing machinery, the War section has a few updated pages, and the Villages section has a few commerce articles, an account of a trip to New Zealand in 1883, and a few obituaries and newsclips.
- 02.09.2010 - Business and Commerce has new pages for Orme's, Tudor Ties, Garner's and Midland Bank, plus lots of updates, Churches has the opening of the Baptist Sunday School, and item on bellringers, and several additions of newsclips, and in Education there are a few updated pages. In Fire and Crime more fires, a murder threat, and 1880s court reports; a few wills have been transcribed in Genealogy and a few more accidents are in Health & Welfare; several more Council Meeting reports, Amenities Notecards depicting old buildings, Lighting in the 1880s, and the Ratepayers Association are added in History. In Land and Property an article on the prefabs and freehold land society are new, with a few updated pages, and lots of updates in Leisure, a medal for the Amenities Society, and Alfred Street Cubs. People has another batch of obituaries and wedding reports. Shoetrade has an item on Selwoods in 1938, a Boot School article 1954, and the usual few updated pages. In the War section an article about Prisoners of War WWII, Home Guard 1941 and a few updates. The Villages section has more obituaries, newsclips and court reports.
- 14.08.2010 - Business and Commerce has a dozen pictures added to existing pages and more adverts, and Churches has a few additional newsclips, and in Education there is an interesting article in 1905 about George Hustwaite, in Fire and Crime more fires and some county-wide calendars of prisoners, a short article on benefit societies is in Health & Welfare with a couple of accident reports. People has another batch of obituaries, and a couple of wedding reports. Shoetrade has a few minor additions, in Transport short items on United Counties, and the Waywarden, and a note added to toll gates, and War has some additional pictures to existing pages and some WWII memories. Chelveston has some memories of the airbase, Newton Bromswold has two obituaries, and Yelden has a short item on the Robinson family, church fete photographs, and a Remembrance Day parade. The Villages section has more obituaries and a few commerce articles, and also a sale of the Manor of Ringstead in 1767.
- 25.07.2010 - Business and Commerce has an article about lacemaking and a few additonal photographs added to some existing pages, Churches has some 1910 photographs of the Old Baptists, and a report on St Mary's reopening in 1875, Genealogy has more church registers for St Mary's & St Peter's C of E, and a Trade Register for 1973. Health & Welfare has a report 1950, an article on the Ambulance Association and another accident report, and History has more interesting Council Reports for 1913 & 1950. Leisure has articles on the Rejects Club and Town Band Club, People has 4 obituaries and in Shoetrade DB Shoes celebrate 50 years in 1970. In the War section WWII enlistments Aug1939-Apr1941 are now indexed by date, regt, name, town and employer. The Villages section has more obituaries and more Bedfordshire village censuses, and an article about the VAD hospital.
- 10.07.2010 - Business and Commerce has a few additional photos added to various pages, adverts 1925/6 and a new item on George Street corner, with several updated pages in Churches and more on Newton Road Infant school, a 1965 North End School photo and Safe Cycling in Education. Health & Welfare has reports for 1913 & 1917, and three accident reports, History has another lost building, aerial views 1950-91, and more interesting Council Reports 1903, 1913 & 1926, a few sales adverts are in Land and Property and several additions to pages in the Leisure section plus Baptist Sports Ground and Charles Ashby of the Temps Band. People has a superb autobiography of Thomas Clarke, 31 new obituaries and 6 wedding reports. A few updates are in Shoetrade and War, with two new MM reports, Nurse Trusler, National Savings and Prisoner of War fund in WWII. The Villages section has more obituaries and censuses, as well as several updated pages.
- 20.06.2010 - Business and Commerce has a new page on Skinner's butchers and several smaller traders, 1939 adverts, as well as several updated pages, four updated pages are in Churches and six in Education, long service awards in the Fire Bridgade in 1939, and a few updates in Fire and Crime, Health & Welfare, History and Land and Property. The Leisure section has several updates, including works outings, tennis and cricket, and People has 40 new obituaries and 10 wedding reports mostly from 1939 and 1918. Several updated pages plus a list of members of the union in 1905 are in Shoetrade and additions to staff notes and PX are in Transport, and a few updated pages in War. The Villages section has over 30 obituaries and some more censuses, a report on the famous Raunds March in 1905, with a few updated pages. Court Estate, Yelden, Newton Bromswold and Chelveston have a few minor additions.
- 27.05.2010 - Churches has a few Methodist concerty party photos. Under Health & Welfare there is a page about the Cloisters and an interesting report covering the whole district Rural Health & Sanitary Report 1880s. There are lots more 1883 newsclips, and Sales, charting the great changes as parishes became much more organised, giving a real flavour of village life, and some interesting notes about taking down the church tower at Bozeat in the Villages section as well as many page updates in some of the Rushden sections, including more events at the Coffee Tavern's New Hall. New photos have been added to Intermediate School Sports and "More Co-op Pictures". Under Transport is a report on Highways & Waywardens. Ditchford snippets has details of the sale of the mill contents.
- 05.05.2010 - Business and Commerce has some licensing applications 1901/3, Churches has a page on St Mary's improvements in 1913, Health & Welfare has a couple of accidents, History has a few more interesting council meetings reports and a Suffragette meeting. In Land and Property there is news about the new recreation ground in 1911, and Leisure has articles on the 1911 Coronation celebrations in Rushden, an Air Race, the Royal Theatre, and an award to Scout W Copson, People has 7 more obituaries, a wedding report and the memories of George Skinner aged 94 in 1911, and the War section has an article about the Boer War.
- 27.04.2010 - Business and Commerce this time has even more on the Co-op, with lots of interior pictures of shops and the main offices, the Churches section and Education have a few amended pages and another scrapbook for Denfield School. In Rushden Hospital records there are a few more items about Colton-ward. History has some interesting pictures of floods in the 1970s and some aerial pictures of the town in 1984 - note the changes! In Leisure some additions to various pages, and some pictures, including CWS cricket, Buffs and Operatic Society, in People 3 more obituaries, some wedding reports and a page about Houghton & Short families, Shoetrade has some 1950s pictures of the CWS fire crew, an article on pattern & knife makers, and some pictures have been added to some Shoe & Leather 1916 Biographical Directory pages. An article is in Transport about a lorry hi-jack and the War section has a few page updates. Court Estate has a short article about a house called 'Rodney Stoke', Yelden and Chelveston have some minor additions and the Villages section has obituaries, census and newsclips updates, and an interesting survey of Higham Ferrers in 1965 (by a 15 year-old), the 'Buffs' and the sale of much property in 1914, and there are memories of Raunds ATC.
- 04.04.2010 - Business and Commerce, the Churches section and Education have a few amend pages with extras added, and Genealogy has more wills. The final work on the Rowan Flack archive is added to Rushden Hospital records in Health & Welfare, together with a few accident reports. In Leisure there are some additions to existing pages, a page on pigeon racing, and the Rushden Charity Cup. Obituaries once again in People and Shoetrade, the War section and Villages has more census and trade directories, including a shoe & leather directory from 1916.
- 22.03.2010 - Business and Commerce has two more bankrupcies, more on the school board in 1902 is in Education, a fire engine in 1911 and two crime reports are new in Fire and Crime section, even more pages are added to Rushden Hospital in Health & Welfare, and in History more of the council meetings in the early 1900s when great changes were happening make interesting reading. Land and Property has more about Rushden House including a photo gallery, more about the Coronation events of 1902 and 1911 are in and a dozen obituary reports can be found in People and also a Browning Family gallery, Jaques and Clark memories are new in Shoetrade and March 1941 news in wartime Rushden is added in the War section. The Villages section has Kellys' directories for most villages, and a major update on Raunds village and churches includes a 1914 directory of the whole village.
- 09.03.2010 - In Business and Commerce there is a survey of local businesses in 2009; links will be added to this over the coming months. Education has a photograph of Newton Road choir 1961, Health & Welfare has more again on the Rushden Hospital and in Land and Property there is a page about the factory at 70 Harborough Road, and in Leisure there are more pictures of circuses and carnivals and in the Villages section several war memorials and church photos have been added.
- 02.03.2010 - Just a few additions this time. In Business and Commerce, 1960s/70s newsclips about the Co-op, in People more obituaries, and in the Villages section with war memorials for 3 parishes and two Bedfordshire parish registers.
- 18.02.2010 - The site search is now working again! Sorry for delay.
- 10.02.2010 - Sorry, the site search is still not working - please bear with us. This time there are more updates to Rushden Hospital in the Health & Welfare section, in Land and Property there are a few more photos under Rushden House, and in People four more obituaries, a wedding report and an interview with W E Wollard. In the Shoetrade section under the Boot and Shoe School is the log book and attendances. A major update to the Villages section is parish registers for Northants villages, and 1671 hearth tax for Bedfordshire villages.
- 22.01.2010 - Sorry, the site search is still not working - it may take us a week or two to get this sorted, so please bear with us. This time there are the rest of the newsclips from 1882, so notes are added to several pages in the Churches and Leisure sections and some of the "snippets" pages in other sections. The Old Baptist church has two new pages for Farewells in 1882 and the death of Rev Bradfield. In Business and Commerce, there are several amended pages, events taking place at the new Hall, and more about Samuel Powell. Education has a Denfield school scrapbook and items on careers in the 1970s, and more on the school board. More 1880s court reports are in the Fire and Crime section. Health & Welfare has more again on the Rushden Hospital plus a few accident reports and items about vaccination in 1882. History has a short piece on the Highways Board, Christmas and old customs in 1882, in Land and Property there are a few more sales and a tender for new buildings. Leisure has more about local Scouts, and in People four more obituaries and an item on H E Bates' centenary. John White Ltd Diamond Jubilee and a page about Norris Industries are new in the Shoetrade section. Two new pictures of street memorials are added in the War section. Newton Bromswold has some sales in 1882 and snippets, as does Yelden, and Chelveston has some court reports and amendments to the airbase page. Completion of the 1882 newsclips has amended most pages in the Villages section, and now paints a wider picture of life in these small villages in the 1880s.
- 06.01.2010 - This time there are lots of newsclips from 1882, so notes are added to several pages in the Churches and Leisure sections. In Business and Commerce, there are several amended pages, more on the Coffee Tavern and two new pages on local photographers. Education has a photo from 1959 of the Girls' School and several updated pages under Alfred Street. Two more fires and some 1880s court reports are new in the Fire and Crime section. A Health Report for 1903, more pages on Rushden Hospital and TB Aftercare, and Spurgeons are new in Health & Welfare plus a few accident reports. Ten new pages on Council Meetings make interesting reading on the developments going on 1903-1910 in History. In Land and Property there are several amend pages, a few more sales and a page about Rushden Cottage. Lots of pictures of Carnivals, and the Feast are new in Leisure with several pages updated for clubs, including a photo of 1938 Adult School football team. Several obituaries and another wedding report are new in People, another accident and a manufacturers' dinner for 1882 are new in the Shoetrade section. Another picture of the RWF, wartime firemen and some tributes in rhyme by RWN are new in the War section. Newton Bromswold has a sale in 1881, an obituary and news snippets, with minor additions of newsclips in Chelveston and Yelden. News items from 1882 include a dreadful fire at Higham in 1882, the vestry meetings at Easter, damage by a storm in May, schoolboards, court reports, various entertainments and church notes, for most of the villages in our Villages section, and a page about the Wymington Huts, together with some trade directories round off this update.
Updates for this time are an item on the opening of the new post office in 1902 and staff notes in Business and Commerce, the Baptist, Congregational and St Mary's Sunday schools anniversaries in 1898 in Churches, an Alfred Street class and teachers 1910, and HM Inspector's report are new in Education, more court reports in the 1890s, a theft in 1910 and a case in 1931 are in the Fire and Crime section. More accident reports, and health reports for 1905 & 1910 are in the Health & Welfare section, with more weather and council meetings reports added in History. Some tenders for building are in Land and Property, there are more new pages with pictures of circus and fairground events, and a works outing added in Leisure and lots of obituary and wedding reports in Genealogy. The 'Burnt Records' have been checked for the Memorial Men W-Y (now completed), an item on Prisoners of War, War Weapons week 1941, enlistments continue to Feb 1941, and the TA 1926 update the War section. Yelden has a few new items and several additions in Other Villages complete this update. The DVD is available as a stocking filler this Christmas!
- 30.11.2009 - Two new sections have now been added: Ditchford and "Other Villages" which covers the surrounding area. One small item is added in Genealogy on Bastardy at the Petty Sessions. A new item in Leisure has been added to the Scouts, two new pages about the Feast, and an additional picture on Physcial Culture Club page. The People section has a new family page about the Currie's of Rushden House and a Browning wedding report. In the War section a few memorial men pages P-S have been updated following the release of more of the "burnt records". The DVD is available as a stocking filler this Christmas!
- 16.11.2009 - An item about the Electric Supply Co. 1914, and some dentists' adverts are new in Business and Commerce, notes on Newton Road school and the Education Committee are new in Education, with a few pictures added to Higham Road Council Housing in History, 3 new pages are added about the Feast, one or two more outings, Spencer Road for the Coronation 1953, Boys Brigade, Girl Guides, Business & Professional Women's Club, Fosse Football, and Young Leaguers Union are new in Leisure, more obituary and wedding reports in People with a few additions to some of the memorial men's pages, and the Rechabites Roll of Honour are added to the War section. An article about the hunting lodge and snippets are new in Higham Park, two new obituary reports in Newton Bromswold, and Chelveston has a new page about the airbase. Yelden has some 'Then and Now' pictures, interior church pictures and a wedding report. If you can add to the captions of any photographs please contact us.
- 06.11.2009 - 1916 & 1917 newsclips this time have been added to quite a few pages, in several sections. More on public houses and advertisments as well as three additional businesses in Business and Commerce, memorial services at St Mary's, the Congregational and the Baptist church and a Methodist Choir Festival all in 1917 are new in the Churches section, several schools have new pages and updates in Education, with just a few snippets added in Fire and Crime. The Health & Welfare section has an item on Hospital Week Fund, and the Red Cross Fete of 1917 and Scout G Sharp rescuing two boys in 1916, with an Architectural Survey added in History, together with some notes from 1910. In Land and Property the Inclosure Award 1779 is added, and in Leisure articles about the orchestra at the Royal Theatre, Allotments in 1916 and the Festival of 1996 are new. People has several reports on weddings and additions to the obituaries. A short item on Ashford & Daniels and another on Eatons, together with a few snippets have been added in Shoetrade, and a new page about St John Ambulance, Parcels Fund and Red Cross Fund in WWI are added in the War section, together with a few additional notes about some of the soldiers and some of the street shrines. A few wartime notes are added in Yelden and Chelveston.
- 20.10.2009 - More newspaper clips, from 1880, 1881 and 1915 this time. In Business and Commerce more on public houses and advertisments, notes and snippets are added to each of the oldest Churches and the School Board is updated again, and Rose Hill School, and a National School Festival in Education, court reports, snippets and one fire are in Fire and Crime, more accident reports, a Health Report 1915, an item on FAIR and on fundraising for the Infirmary in Health & Welfare, new items on weather, council meetings, the quest for Urban status and Liberal meetings in History, lots more sales 1880/81 and landlord's entertaining tenants in Land and Property, Rushden Wanderers, Angelus Quartette, early Rugby Football and a Military Band are new in Leisure, more obituaries and wedding reports (includes Edith Sartoris' from Rushden Hall with an impressive gifts list), and pages on Fanny Shortland and Rose Dickerson are new in People, a report on the leather trades dinner in 1881, an article about the import/export trade, and an interesting article written by Sam Roughton in the 1920s about shoemaking from 1880 are new in Shoetrade, a visit to Rushden by the Wellingborough Volunteers in 1881, collections for the Belgian relief and National relief funds, with a few additions to some Memorial Men's pages, an item about the Royal Welsh Fusiliers, and reports by Arthur Forknall and Arthur Vorley in 1915 are in War section, an accident and a sale are new in Higham Park, with more snippets for Yelden and Newton Bromswold and a Flower Show in 1880 at Chelveston.The Transport section has an addition to railway staff page, and a new album on the demolition of Caves/Eatons factory is in E-books to complete this update.
- 03.10.2009 - We're back from holidays! More newspaper clips, from 1879 and 1898, so many pages have had additions in several sections. Postmen's pay, hotels and some sales are all added in the Business and Commerce section, St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church and the Methodists have major updates, with lots of news clips to others in Churches and the General School, and the School Board is updated in Education, court reports for the 1890s and the police station have additions in Fire and Crime, more accident reports and a page about Victoria House are in Health & Welfare, more on the plaque for Mrs. Muxlow OBE, an article about the Manors and devlopments in the 1890s are in History, lots of sales and an article on allotment lands in Land. The Leisure section has a new item on the Scouts, and Century Cycle Club, with "snippets" added to several club pages, a dozen new obituary reports, two marriages, and collections in the town for Emma Wooding are added to People, and a few pages have minor additions in the Shoetrade section, and reports about the Spitfire fund and a letter from Zululand are in the War section, and few snippets of news for Chelveston, Yelden and Newton Bromswold round off this update.
- 27.08.2009 - Lots of items from an 1878 newspaper have been added to various Churches pages; George Miller, ironmonger, 1878 reports on Sunday closing, gas and the Tradesmen's club are in Business and Commerce, reports on the School Board meetings and several snippets from 1878 have been added to pages in Education. Court reports 1878 are in Crime, and several accident reports in Health & Welfare. History has a notes on Christmas, Colson's road and a sale, Land has notices of sales of cottages, several newsclips have been added to pages in Leisure; some 1878 obituaries and items on George Sayer and Charlie Watts are new to the People section, two news clips about Denton's and an apprentice named Hector are in Shoetrade. One memorial card for Fred Leech is added under War. A few 1878 items are added to Newton Bromswold and a sale in Chelveston. The next update will be in October as the "team" is taking a break!
- 18.08.2009 - The opening of the TSB Bank at 70 High Street is in Business and Commerce, several amendments and photographs added to St Mary's church pages and an item on Mission Sunday school have been added to Churches, another photograph of a Denfield class is added to Education, the welfare clinic and Friends of Rushden Sanatorium are new in Health, two more council meeting reports for 1909 are in History, two further sales are added to Land, lots of new pages under Leisure section, including interviews with sports personalities, several obituary reports are in People, minor additions to W A Patenall 1916 and Caves 1935 are in Shoetrade section and updates to WWII reports in the War section include the bombs of 1940 and the Spitfire cheques being presented.
- 03.08.2009 - Updates this time include a 1969 trade directory in Genealolgy, a Sunday School Treat 1913 in Churches, two new class photos in Education, accidents in the Health & Welfare section have been assembled into an index, History has an item on street name origins, a history by Bridges in 1791, several council meeting reports, and an aerial photograph of the John Street area in about 1920. As usual, there are several new pages in the Leisure section, a few in the People section including three more obituaries, and a few new articles added to the War section. Court Estate and Newton Bromswold villages both have new items added.
- 13.07.2009 - Updates this week include three items by Denfield Park school pupils: this is the first school to contribute and we hope others will follow, and also in Education a further photograph is added to the Intermediate 1930s. Leisure has several new items including the Ritz cinema and the Query Club 27th Anniversary dinner and awards, Rushden Juniors 1940 and Rushden Amateurs 1950. People section has one new page for Clifford Timpson, and Shoetrade has the John White autobiography and a page about Allebone & Sons Ltd. Transport has an update to the page on carriers, and a few more pages have been amended in the War section. Our DVD sales have now topped 400!
- 03.07.2009 - Updates to the Commerce section include a gas report in 1948 and an article on Arthur Sanders builders, the Churches section has updates for St. Peter's C of E and additional newsclips have been added to several other church pages, Education has a new nursery, another page for Whitefriars and several snippets. History has additions under Council, the Land section has an article about Italians wanting work on farms. Leisure has several new items and there are several obituaries and articles added in the People section. Among the Shoe section updates there is an article on the Swaysland Diploma, and again additions have been made in the War section to several war memorial men's pages. Finally a few pages are added to the Yelden village section.
- 23.06.2009 - Updates in the Commerce section this time include two items on hotels and one more bankruptcy, snippets from a 1910 newspaper have been added to several pages in the Churches section and Highfield Baptist has two new items, and St Mary's Girls Club 1928 has a picture with all the names, Education has a new picture of a 1936 South End class with all the names, Crime has two more reports on fires, History has an article on a Polling District Court in 1910. Farm crops sold in 1910 are in the Land section, Leisure has several updated files plus a cricket KO cup 1951 and the Feast 1910, and some names have been added to some the football teams pictures, People has new articles on George Sail and Eileen Iliffe and a few additions in the obituaries index, Transport has a new item - trains ran again last week, some additions have been made to several of the war memorial men's pages, two more wills have been transcribed in the Chelveston section and a report of an accident in 1910, Yelden has a farm sale in 1910.
- 12.06.2009 - Updates in the Commerce section includes old shops in the High Street, Churches has an item about the altar frontals at St Peter's C of E, Education has three new items on Whitefriars junior, Crime has the rules for the fire brigade in 1905, Health has an item about Miss Clipson of St John's Ambulance and three more reports of accidents, Leisure has several new items including the swimming club, Health & Rhythm, the Ritz and Photgraphic Society, two new pages in People are Roy Blenco and Henryka Karabin, in Shoetrade there is another page on John Cave & Sons and a page for C K Woods, and a new e-book features the snowdrops in Chelveston churchyard.
- 17.05.2009 - Updates in Education include photos from 1927 & 1937, Yelden has an album about the Methodists in 1940, Shoetrade has accounts from the 1880s for Nathaniel Crick, Leisure has a new item on the Brownies and History has additions with a council year book 1971 and two meetings. The People section has two new pages: Nathaniel Crick and Philip Leeding and three new obituaries. Chelveston has photos of the Baxter family and the War section has another update of enlistments in 1940.
- 08.05.2009 - At the unveiling of the IT Kiosk on 1st May Rushden Research launched a DVD containing "A History of Rushden" video and a computer generated recreation of Jaques & Clark shoe factory. The shoe trade section has a school project on the Shoe Industry in 1981. The War section has a further update on Glassbrook Road Shrine and the Leisure section has a centenary for Moor Road Centre.
- 01.05.2009 - Today the Mayor, Councillor Barbara Jenney, unveiled the IT Kiosk in Rushden Museum. This marks the end of our Heritage Lottery Funded project. The funding ends, but the project does not - we will keep adding to the site so long as people come forward with pictures, information and memories. Anyone who would like to help, is invited to come to one of the summer workshops on Monday afternoons (not Bank Holidays) 2pm-4pm, May to October 2009, at Rushden Museum.
- 27.04.2009 - The War section had another update of the street memorials and some of the war memorial men. The Shoetrade section has an article on new factories in 1908 and an item about shomaking before machinery. Additional pages in the People section for Mrs Muxlow and Doris Walding, and three new obituaries, with an article in History of the unveiling of a blue plaque to Mrs Muxlow. Leisure has a page on the 1971 Carnival Queen and music in the 1960s. Land has an article about Rushden Hall 1971.
- 05.04.2009 - The Health section has a whole set of new pages on the Sanatorium and Rushden Hospital. The details about the TB Aftercare have also been updated. The Land section has a new set of features on Rushden House. The People section has a feature on the Browning Family, plus there are two new obituaries. The Transport section has updated its feature on trams for Rushden.
- 30.03.2009 - There has been a further extensive update to the feature on the men listed on the war memorial in the War section, together with all related files and indexes.
- 20.03.2009 - The War section has had another update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. Related files have also been updated. there are new pages on Private Keith Nutter, Enlistments in March 1940, A Council debate on "Dig for Victory" in 1940, a First Aid Post in 1940,. The Street Memorials page has been updated. The Commerce section has a major new feature on Rushden & Higham Ferrers Water Board. There are new features on Abbott's, Jim Bugby, old shops in the High Street and The Co-op's Dial Farm. The features on Brickmaking, Rollie Cox, Lloyd's Bank, Neville's, Reid's and Royal Mail have been updated. In the Churches section, there is a new feature on the graveyard and inscriptions of the Old Baptist Church. The Crime section has an updated feature on Cave's factory fire plus the page on the fire station in 1902. The Leisure section has updates on the Buffs, the Free Gardeners, the Palace Cinema and the Windmill Club. The People section has updates to the pages on Geoff Abbott and John Hearn, plus there is one new obituary. The Shoe Trade section has a new page on Fred Knight. There are updates to the pages on Cave's, Fred Hawkes, Strong & Fisher, and Totectors 100 Years. The Transport section has updated its feature on the railway station. The Newton Bromswold section has a new feature on the Ladies Friendship Hour 1983-8. The Credits Page has also been updated.
- 12.03.2009 - The War section has had another extensive update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. Related files have also been updated. The Commerce section has a new feature on DR Curtis, the printer. The pages on the Royal Mail, Dubiliers and Charles Smith have also been updated. In the Education section, the page on Tennyson Road Nursery has been updated. The Yelden section has two further entries on the Roll of Honour and a poem by Don Annis. The Leisure section has an update to the features on St Mary's Football, Skittles, and the Talent Show of 1955. The People section has updates to the pages on John Clark, Ted Smith and Ada Sail's diary of 1940.
- 10.03.2009 - The History section has an new interactive e-book feature showing views of the town taken from the tower of St Mary's Church in 2008.
- 08.03.2009 - The Land section has an interactive e-book feature accompanying the article on the opening of Rushden Hall in 1930. There are also features on Common Land and the Almshouses. The feature on Rushden Manors has been updated. The Education section has new features on Denfield Park School, National Schools, Hayway Schools, plus new photos from the 1890s and 1930s on schools and school outings. There are also updates on North end school, The Adult School and Rushden Schools in the 1930s. The History section has new items from 1930, including road widening and a new beauty spot. There are snippets from 1919, a Council Yearbook for 1971, and a report of a civic service. There are updates to the Blue Plaques feature, plus those on Council Plans J Enos Smith Notes, and the weather index. The People section has new features on Christine Carter, John Hearn, and Rushden men in Canada in Canada in 1912. the pages on Charles Ette and Home Hints have also been updated. The Shoe Trade section has updates to the John Cave and Boot School features, plus minor amendments to items on Jaques & Clark, Charles Horrell and John White.
- 07.03.2009 - The War section has had another extensive update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. Related files have also been updated. There is a new feature on the Parker family, plus updates to the pages on The Spitfire Fund and Jack Tear's wartime memories. The Churches section has an article on the Wesleyan Young Men Association in 1895. The Commerce section has a report on The Co-op in 1940, plus and update on the article on the Royal mail. There are four new banckruptcy reports. The Crime section has reports on the opeining of the new fire station in 1985. There are also two new reports of fires in 1909. The Health section has a feature on Dr Paine's Surgery in 1940, and also a TB aftercre report from the same year. The Leisure section has new features on The Buffs, a Co-op "street tea" in 1911, the Masonic Hall, and Barbara Kimberley's retirement from the Library. The items on the Homing Society and the 1911 Coronation have been updated. The Yelden section has an further item for the Roll of Honour and a poem from 1703. The feature on the Chequers has been updated.
- 19.02.2009 - The Commerce section new features on the Lloyds Bank, the Royal Mail, and the opening of Phillips & Son shop in 1963, plus various articles from the year 1919 - adverts, trades council, co-op tea. The Leisure section has new features on the Royal Theatre, the Palace Cinema and the 1891 rugby team. Items from 1930 include Rushden Town Cricket Club, the Baptist Cricket Club, and the Impregnable Shoes sports ground. 1919 features include the Wesleyan Brigade camp, Mission cricket and other sporting events. The pages on local football teams, skittles, the Query Club, Hewitts newsclips, the Rifle Band, the Amateur Dramatic Society 1899, and the opening of the Library in 1905 have all been updated. The Shoe Trade section has updates to the features on the Co-op, the Boot School exams, John White, NUBSO, and the Shoe Manufacturers Association.
- 18.02.2009 - The Land section has a major new feature on the mediaeval open field system, the enclusure of 1778, plus details of ownership, field names and furlong names. The section also now includes the Land Tax list of 1801. There are also details of a housing scheme in 1919, and memories of Rushden Hall in 1930. The People section has a new sub-section on House & Home & Fashion, and features items on home hints, including the care of silk stockings. There is a feature on WJ Anker and memories of Gloucester Crescent in the 1950s, plus three new obituaries and one new golden wedding report. The diaries of Ada Sail were featured on BBC Radio Northampton in the week of February 9-15). The Ada Sail feature has a link to those audio clips on the BBC site. The War section has had a further extensive update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. Related files have also been updated. There are also new items on the Co-op war memorial and service, street memorials, evacuees in 1939. The Health section has several new features from 1919: shortage of coal, tuberculosis, the pensions committee, a motor ambulance, and the purchase of Rushden House as a future sanatorium. there is an update on ambulance funding in 1928, plus a shoe factory accident in 1909. The Newton Bromswold section has a new feature on commemorations in the two world wars, plus an update on the Monument Inscriptions in the curchyard. The Yelden section has a number of new features : memories of the village in the 1930s, motorcycle scrambling events, the old Chequers pub, the 1917 estate sale. The baptism records for 1602-1755 and the 1901 Census pages have also been updated.
- 28.01.2009 - In an important addition to the Genealogy section, the burial records for St Peter's RC Church have now been transcribed. The baptisms there have also been amended. Seven new wills have been transcribed. Amendments have been made to 1891 census household records, plus other details in the 1881 and 1901 records. There have also been minor amendments to the cemetery listings. The Crime section has four new fire reports, plus new features on the Volunteer Fire Brigade of 1889, snippets from the Petty Sessions, and a report of a murder in 1890. The Education section has new features on Alfred St School c.1887, Miss Wagstaff's Nursery School c1890, National Schools in 1914, and the career of Brian Clayton. The Land section has two new items on Rushden Hall. The Leisure section has new features on the rebuilding of the Band Club and the new Scout HQ (both in 1939), the Belgian Colour Day 1914, Beaumont Cycling Club 1902, St Mary's Football, Cycling in 1914, and the Rushden Mission Band marching in the 1930s. There are new images on the Rushden Mission Band photogallery and also on the feature on Ray Clark. The People section has three new obituaries. The Shoe Trade section has a new feature on E Salmon & Co.; pages on Caves, Chapmans, Sidney Fox and Tecnic have also been updated. The Chelveston section has a report of diptheria at Caldicott in 1919, plus one new transcribed will.
- 27.01.2009 - The War section has had a further extensive update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. Related files have also been updated. The Commerce section has new features on the brief history of shops, Christmas shops in 1900, the opening of a building society in 1929, Fleckner's milliners, lankester's, and Chas Smith the chemist. There are seven new bankruptcies, plus updates on the pages on Rushden electricity, the Post Office, Horse & Rider, Reid's, Tailby & Putnam, and the mineral water companies. The History section has a new feature on Green's windmill, a deed from 1946, the Urban Council building in 1906, plus new details on Council plans from 1888-1938.
- 21.01.2009 - The War section has had a further extensive update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. There are also new features on Belgian guests in 1914, soldiers' accounts of conditions at the Front in 1914, and being a prisoner of war, plus updates to the War Names in the church, Soldiers Notes and VE Day Anniversary Parade in 1995.
- 19.01.2009 - Several new and updated interactive e-books have gone on-line. The Shoe Trade section has two new e-book features on Cox & Wright, plus new features on James Hyde Ltd, Selwoods, and other new factories in 1908. In the Transport section, the feature on Birch Bros Coaches now has an interactive e-book added, and the feature on Pecks PX Transport has been updated. The e-book on Mission Church cricket teams has been extended. The Education section has new features on the employment of children, Alfred St School in 1897, South End School in 1898, Miss Wagstaff's school in 1887, school fields in 1929 and proposed new schools in 1930. The Health section has a report of an injury to a woodman in 1921. The History section has a feature on road wdening in 1909 and Christmas games in 1903. The Yelden section has a report of the sale of grassland in 1921. The Newton Bromswold section has a new feature on the war memorial, plus an update of the monument iscriptions in the churchyard.
- 16.01.2009 - The Churches section has a new feature on the Full Gospel Church, plus additional features for St Mary's, the Mission Church, and Park Road Baptist Church sections. The Chelveston section has a new article on Robert Page DCM, plus two new transcribed wills.
- 15.01.2009 - The War section has had an extensive update of the details of the men listed on the war memorial. The features on street memorials have also been updated. There are new features on the Boer War 1900, and relief aid given to the Belgians in 1914. The Leisure section has new features on a biography of Ray Clarke, an angling competition in 1929, the Rifle Band and a talk given to the Allotment Society in 1921. Features on the Mission Band, and the opening of the swimming pool have also been updated. The People section has new features on Peter Butler, Pat Abbott and George Abbott. There are reports of one diamond and two golden weddings, plus seven new obituaries. Updates and related links have been done to relevant pages. The Land section has a feature on Rushden Hall in 1929, and land for council housing in 1953. The Transport section has a feature on Lack Bros.