Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page
Surveyed in April 2011
High Street
A few of the name plaques to be seen on buildings in the main shopping area.

Estab 1836
The Phoenix atop the building
Incorp 1889
The Northamptonshire Union Bank was established in 1836 and built this fine property in 1889 at 43 High Street

Lion Terrace 52-58 High Street
House - Jewellers at 54
57-59 High Street
'Yours' Fashions
61 High Street
Evening Telegraph Office

Built in 1894 - 96-98 High Street
BUILT AD 1894 - 96-98 High Street

In 2011 no. 129 High Street
is Copperfield's Fish and Chip shop. The red doors were the entrance when the Co-operative Permanent Building Society used the premises in the 1960s. In the 1970s they amalgamated with the Anglia Building Society. The latter was renamed Nationwide.
129 High Street was built in 1890 for Tailby & Putnam's grocers

Central Buildings built 1895 (rear door in Queen Street) 64 high Street - Connell's Estate Agents in 2011

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us