Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Irchester Road
Junction Irchester, W'boro & Washbrook Roads 1926
Blue: Austin Factory Green: Church Army Hall
Red: Eaton Factory Turquoise: Chamberlain Works
Pink: Skerritt Factory Yellow: T Robinson factory

Lovell's Buildings 1894
Nos 1-11 Irchester Road

Fairview built in 1896
Nos 15 & 17 Irchester Road

Wellingtonia
Wellingtonia - built and occupied by Rev E E Bromage of the Mission Church in 911 - later the home of Charles Clark. A bunglaow was built next door called 'Herradura' for his son Charles H Clark when he married Kathleen, daughter of Charles Ette

Rosemount in 2011 map 1926
'Rosemount' in 2011 - by kind permission of the owner

The land behind has recently been sold.
1926 map of Irchester Road - 'Rosemount' (green), Highbury - built for Charles Claridge, and later home of Arthur Mills (orange) and
Strong & Fisher's factory (yellow) and Radburne & Bennett's (pink)
The ground (lemon) was the Mission Church's field.

Highbury & Rosemount drive to the Cedars
Highbury with Rosemount beyond
Gated drive to No 110 - 4 houses - 'The Cedars' behind Rosemount

Looking from The Crescent across part of the Mission Field.

The Crescent
The Crescent in the 1960s



Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us