A postcard c1910
This was the first Cottage Hospital in Rushden, and had opened by Febrary 1917 when an accident victim was taken there.
A further proposal was considered for a Cottage Hospital in 1918.
This plaque has been added during extensive alterations in 2019 and the name changed to Homestead House.
He also built a factory behind for his son.
Doctor Greenfield moved here in about 1905. On his return from WWI he moved to the house next door, and William Childs lived here and started his heel factory here.