|In 1912, No. 22 Church Street was the home and music shop of J E Smith, organist/choirmaster at St Mary's Church from 1875-1930. Later it became Iliffe's Pork Butchers.
At No. 26 Mrs Whitby ran a knitting business and next door Mrs Tusting was a "costumier".
No. 30 was Arthur Okins' cycle works, by 1920 the first factory of John White shoemaker. At 32 was the Lightstrung cycle works. Two cycle agents were at 13 and 19 Church Street in 1910.