The Coal Office at the top of the car park infront of the Co-op Offices in the 1970s
The Co-op Office building is on the right, the sign is on the Furnishing department rear entrance in the 1970s. The site is QS store in 2007, formerly Bee-Wise clothing store. [2011 now Store Twenty-one]
The Rushden Echo and Argus, 11th September 1953
Parking facilities on this site off Rectory Road are to be doubled, thanks to the enterprise of Rushden Co-operative Society, who own the land and will rent it to the Urban Council after putting it in order.
Girls modelling dresses to advertise the Co-op Dressmaking Service, about 1940. Second from the right is Doreen Wells (later Denny)
Inside the Co-op Board Room in the 1960s.
The drapery store in the 1970s, with the latest logo on a plain board. The little shop window to the left was the wool department.
Inside the Co-op Hall - taken from an advert in the 1908 Phillipson's Directory.
This picture taken in 1985 by Robert Clark shows the Co-op Travel shop, with the church in the background.
This photograph shows The Co-op Choir - winners of the 1927 shield. No more is known so if you can help with any information, please contact us. Please can you tell us the names of any of these members of the choir?
This photo was taken from the tower at the Firestation in 1975 by Ed Hitcham.
In the foregound left is the Co-op Yard where the milk floats were kept, and Ebenezer Terrace.
This picture shows the new Co-op Milk Cart prepared for the Agricultural Show and is dated Thursday June 9th 1927 - Whit Week.
This picture shows the two milkmen with the Co-op Milk Float in Windmill Road. The Wellingborough Road Store was also the main warehouse.
We have no year on the photgraph but the men are Mr Warburton & Harold Woods.
The last Co-op Bread basket.
This was saved when the last electric bread and milk floats were sold off in about 1968. Northern Dairies took over the milk rounds.
This photograph came from Doreen Lumbers (nee Smith)
and it was taken outside the
Co-op Fish & Chip shop in Newton Road.
This is now part of Russell Court.
Doreen tells us this was taken in about 1935 on the day of a Baptist Sunday School Treat,
and she is 5th from the left.