|Notes by H Packwood in 1988:
In 1921 Mr H Coggins took over this firm from Armitage & Robinson, manager A Tilley, makers of sewerage parts and other heavy machines. During the war years they made turrets for the Tanks.
Mr Coggins was one of the first employers to engage a full time welder, Mr F Chapman of Newmarket, also a wooden pattern maker, Mr Billing.
Apprentices to the trade were bound for 5 years, the firm and the parents signed over a sixpenny stamp to make it legal. When an apprentice had served his 5 years he would then be known as a journeyman until he was 21.
After the war the firms continued to make sewerage, farm machinery parts and other cast iron equipment. Work became short around 1977 and Mr Alex Coggins who had taken over on the death of his father, sold the firm to Mr McCorquodale.
Mr A Coggins moved to Wellingborough where he owned 'Wilfley Mining Machinery Co.'