In 1934 the rector, Travers Stoney, wrote a history of the Old Parish Church. It was sold as a fund raiser for a new organ.
The New Organ The proposed new Organ to be built by Messrs. J. W. Walker & Sons, of London, will be a two-manual instrument of about twenty-one speaking stops and five couplers. The Organ will be a modern instrument with electro-pneumatic action, electric blowing and stop-key control. Some of the pipework of the old organ will be incorporated and the new instrument will contain well over a thousand pipes, varying in length from sixteen feet to three-quarters of an inch.
The Organ is to stand in approximately the old position, but it will be better arranged and will possess a new oak organ case.
Messrs. Walker's are noted for their many fine Church Organs of distinctive quality with refined tone, and the new organ in Rushden Parish Church, although not as big as many of this firm's installations, will be a worthy example of a resourceful and adequate instrument of the highest standard.