Northampton Mercury, February 22nd 1890, transcribed by Susan Manton
The Wesleyans at the Public Hall
The Wesleyans commenced their services at the Public Hall on Sunday. The service was conducted in the morning by Mr. Pack of Higham Ferrers and in the evening by Mr. Miller. In the afternoon a service of song “Pilgrim’s Progress” was very nicely rendered by the choir assisted by friends. The Rev. Chamberlain gave the connective readings and in addition to Miss Agnes Groome, who presided at the American Organ, the various pieces were accompanied by a string quartet composed as follows:- First violin Mr. O. Claridge; second violin Miss M. Ellis; viola Mr. H. Jaques; violincello Mr. J.C. Clipston.