Raunds tower mill was built on the site of a ‘post-mill’ which appears on the 1798 enclosure map of the parish. The date of the building of the tower mill is unknown. An inscription datestone was destroyed when the tower’s remains were demolished.
The sails were taken down in 1912. Other parts of the structure were removed in the 1920’s and the remains were reduced to a height of 20 feet by the then owner William James Spreadbury who resided and farmed the property with his wife Dorothy and son George. William died in 1957 and his son took over the farm and resided at ‘Mill House’ with his wife Alice and daughters Julie and Susan. George died in January 1962.
‘Mill House’ was sold later in 1962 and demolished in 1964.