Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

Higham Anchor Inn

derelict postcard
An old postcard of the Wharf Bridge and the Anchor Inn
(left) the inn and other buildings in a derelict state in 1950
The Anchor Inn was kept by James West between 1847
and 1876. He also sold Coal, Coke, Wood, Slate, Stone.


In 1906 Thomas Middleton was the landlord.


The Inn closed sometime during WWI.
In the 1920s it sold non-alcoholic refreshments.
Anchor Inn

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us