Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

White Horse Inn
Wymington

The White Horse was bought from Mr. Lewis by Newlands and Nash, the Bedford brewery, who delivered beer by a steam dray weekly.  The old house was demolished just before WWII and a modern public house was built on the site for Wells and Winch of Biggleswade. It has been taken over by Greene King of Bury St. Edmunds (they also control the New Inn).

White Horse
The White Horse behind a large thatched cottage c1900


Wm Lewis

Extract from obituary 1912:

Mr. William Lewis, who for 48 years was proprietor and landlord of the White Horse, Wymington, was well known in the hunting field, a sport to which he was passionately devoted. He spent most of his boyhood's days in Rushden; .....


c1930
Picture of the White Horse c1930 by an unknown artist

1952
1952 - decorated for the Queen's Coronation Day

c1970
In the snow c1979


Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the villages index
Click here to e-mail us