The Church is dedicated to St Margaret of Antioch. There is an arch leading to the tower in the west wall suggesting it has Saxon origins. It certainly was built before 1176 when the Bishop of Exeter arbitrated in a dispute between the hospital of St John of Jerualem and the Priory of St Neots. An arch between the Nave and the Chancel is considered to be c1140, and the Chancel was rebuilt in the 14thC. There was a south aisle but this was demolished in 1645. The door is believed to be 16thC and is now protected by a porch added by Mr. C Magniac of Colworth in 1888, and the 14thC font was lined with lead in the same year. The oak pews date from before the Reformation, and the pulpit and sounding board are 17thC.
In recent years Bob Frost has built fine new gates for the churchyard entrance and a shed for storage. Care of the church has building now been taken over by the Churches Conservation Trust.