|"Rodney Stoke", 264 Newton Road, Rushden, Northants, was a prefabricated bungalow, with 3 large bedrooms, lounge, kitchen and pantry.
Built in World War One by Mr Wrightson, the owner was a Mr Munslow, a tax inspector at Kettering.
Mr and Mrs Crossley bought it in 1946 for £400. They borrowed the money from The Free Gardeners Society on interest only at £18.00 twice a year, and paid the final balance in the 1950s.
It was used as small holding with pigs chickens - goats and an orchard.
In 1970 when Mr Crossley passed away, it was sold to a local builder Mr Bryn Davies.
The building was then demolished and a new one built on the existing footings.
The bungalow had been named Rodney Stoke after a village in Somerset by a previous owner.